Electrical Inspector- Birmingham
|Perform electrical field observations for electrical designs produced by Edmonds Engineering and develop field observation reports.|
- Perform detailed electrical pre-design field surveys of existing conditions and explain in detail all existing electrical information obtained in survey so design can be completed without the need for additional electrical surveys.
- Includes travel as requested by architect and would include traveling to Tuscaloosa for approximately 12 hours a week of inspections at the University of Alabama.
- Includes reviewing electrical shop drawings, submittals and answering contractor’s Request For Information (RFI) during construction.
- Attend meetings with clients and/or onsite with contractors to resolve issues and investigate field conditions.
- Review electrical documents for general code compliance and coordination between disciplines and architect.
- Assist project managers with project construction cost estimates/opinions of cost as needed.
- Active in association memberships such as IAEI.
- Experience and knowledge of working with the National Electrical Code (NEC), International Building Code (IBC) and Ashrae 90.1.
- Experience in understanding electrical drawings and how they correspond with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, plumbing and fire protection.
- Experience and knowledge of electrical systems such as, but not limited to Power Distribution, Generator, Lighting, Lighting Controls, Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, Voice/Data, Security, etc.
- Capable of documenting existing electrical field conditions and explaining them.
- Able to communicate with Clients and other disciplines, ie, architectural, structural, civil, landscaping, mechanical, plumbing and fire protection
- Recommended to have 10 plus years as on Electrical Contractor and/or as an Electrical Inspector.
- Experience in MS Word and Excel.
- Current Alabama driver’s license in good standing.
$90,000.00 – $115,000.00 / year and eligible for Project & Sales Incentive Plans.