MEP Field Inspector-Tuscaloosa, AL
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform electrical field observations for electrical designs produced by Edmonds Engineering and develop field observation reports.
- Perform detailed electrical pre-design field surveys of existing conditions and explain in detail all existing electrical information obtained in survey so design can be completed without the need for additional electrical surveys.
- Reviewing electrical shop drawings, submittals, and answering contractor’s Request For Information (RFI) during construction.
- Attend meetings with clients and/or onsite with contractors to resolve issues and investigate field conditions.
- Review electrical documents for general code compliance and coordination between disciplines and architect.
- Assist project managers with project construction cost estimates/opinions of cost as needed. Active in association memberships such as IAEI.
- This position would include travel and, at times, extensive travel as requested by clients.
Experience and knowledge of working with the National Electrical Code (NEC), International Building Code (IBC), and Ashrae 90.1. Experience in understanding electrical drawings and how they correspond with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection. Experience and knowledge of electrical systems such as, but not limited to, Power Distribution, Generator, Lighting, Lighting Controls, Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, Voice/Data, Security, etc. Capable of documenting existing electrical field conditions and explaining them. Able to communicate with Clients and other disciplines, ie, architectural, structural, civil, landscaping, mechanical, plumbing and fire protection.
Experience with Mechanical field inspections is a plus. If no experience, the applicant must be willing to learn.
Recommended to have 10 plus years as on Electrical Contractor and/or as an Electrical Inspector. Experience in MS Word and Excel. Current Alabama driver’s license in good standingApply Now