Job Summary- Provide support for arc flash projects performed by the company. Support will include on site data collection as well as creating single line drawings using computer software.
Summary of Essential Job Functions-
- Visit client facilities to gather necessary data to complete arc flash studies.
- Safely gather all the electrical data to create an accurate arc flash single line drawing of the facilities electrical distribution system.
- Create single line drawings using AutoCAD, SKM, ETAP or Easy Power computer software.
- Identify NEC and OSHA violations within the electrical distribution system.
- Use completed drawings to install arc flash labels on equipment in client’s facility once the study has been completed.
- Job will require travel approximately 60% of the time.
Qualifications and minimum requirements-
- Recommended to have an associate’s degree or have trade school certification and sufficient industrial electrical experience
- Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems and equipment, including Switchgear, Panelboards and MCC’s, circuit breakers and fuses.
- Ability to work safely around electrical systems from 12kV to 120 volts.
- Ability to interpret and effectively use electrical one-line diagrams. Familiar with NEC and NFPA 70E.
- Ability to make intuitive decisions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all construction trades, owners and design professionals.
- High aptitude for abstract reasoning, assertiveness and thoroughness.
- Ability to work flexible hours and work in hot or cold environments.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and use lift trucks.
- Ability to do moderate lifting. Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Ability to Travel approximately 60% of the time.