Job Summary: Mid-level design position. Provide entire system design for Contract Documents for the Construction Industry. Minimal supervision or direction should be required at this level.
Job Duties/ Description:
- Design entire building systems utilizing Revit Software.
- Capable of providing entire system layout, sizing, utilization of system sizing/load calculation software, equipment selection, and design coordination with all other project disciplines.
- Produce initial design layouts for space and other design team coordination
- Select, schedule, and detail equipment and systems,
- Communicate/coordinate with other designers to complete the project design, and review project checklists for initial project QC to prepare the plans for an internal 3rd party technical peer review and the final review by the Project Manager (PM).
- Client contact and coordination shall be done under direct supervision of a more senior-level Engineer or Project Manager.
- Perform existing building assessments for the purpose of producing existing building plans.
- Begin performing Construction Administration duties such as Site Visits, Submittal Review & RFI Responses.
Master & excel at the Project Engineer 1 level. Complete ALL appropriate discipline-specific Edmonds Training Academy Training Courses. Must have a 4-year Engineering Degree. Recommended to have 2 years of experience and have passed the FE exam.
Independent level Project Manager position, reporting to the Regional Manager or Team Leader in Nashville. Provide entire system design & Project Management for Contract Documents for the Construction Industry. Little to no supervision or direction should be required at this level other than collaboratively.
The PM2 will manage larger more complex projects of any fee amount without direct supervision. The project manager is the contact for clients on a project by project basis and the lead for quality control and implementation of Edmond’s QA/QC plan. The project manager will log- in projects, prepare proposals, coordinate all disciplines, have the capability of stamping and signing documents as the engineer in charge, send all deliverables to the client, mentor less experienced PM’s, develop the project work plan, track & process RFI’s & submittals during construction, and ensure all site visits are completed in accordance with contract documents.
Master & excel at the Project Manager 1 level. Complete ALL appropriate discipline-specific Edmonds Training Academy Training Courses, Speclink specifications Training course, 35+ hours of Edmonds Project Manager Training & Smartsheet workflow software training. Recommended to have 10 years of experience with an Engineering Degree & PE or 16 years of experience without an Engineering Degree.
Birmingham, AL (5+ years’ experience)
Edmonds Engineering is seeking a registered Mechanical Engineer with HVAC design and commissioning experience.
Under minimal supervision, the candidate will be expected to perform the following:
- Log projects and prepare proposals.
- Mentor Project Designers and Engineers.
- Perform field surveys and studies.
- Oversee preparation of construction documents and act as lead HVAC Design Engineer.
- Prepare project specifications. Lead project team and sub-consultants and manage customers.
- Review submittals and shop drawings and respond to and track RFI’s.
- Attend customer-facing meetings and perform site inspections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years of HVAC design experience –additional commissioning experience a plus.
- PE in the state of Alabama preferred.
- Design experience in commercial, educational, and healthcare facilities.
- Ability to lead a team of multi-discipline engineers on design projects.
- Proficient in AutoCad and Revit.