Project Designer 1- Electrical
Entry level drafting position. Provide drafting, technical, & document support for engineering and design staff to develop Contract Documents for the Construction Industry. Very close supervision & direction will be required.
- Drawing building systems utilizing Revit Software as directed by more senior level engineers & designers. Draw building systems per Red-Line sketches from engineers & designers.
- Obtain experience with Revit, MS Word & Excel, and complete the Edmond’s Revit Training Course. Recommended to have a 2 year Associates Degree or Engineering Technology Degree. No job experience required.
$13/hr – $30/hr and eligible for Project & Sales Incentive Plans.
Perform a variety of routine engineering tasks under supervision.
|Assist in the design and production of contract/construction documents for the commercial industry utilizing company software platforms: Revit, Word Processing, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering at an accredited US college or university.
- Current level in college: Entering Junior or Senior year.
- Ability to complete the cooperative education program in accordance with their College’s or University’s guidelines.
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles and techniques; of engineering planning; of equipment and materials used in engineering operations.
- Ability to apply engineering principles to practical engineering problems
- Ability to use engineering equipment and tools, including computer applications
- Ability to make, read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to relate abstract ideas to actual needs and adopt an effective course of action
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Jackson, MS (5+ years experience)
Edmonds Engineering is seeking a registered Electrical Engineer to provide entire system design & Project Management for contract documents for the construction industry.
Under minimal supervision, candidate will be expected to perform the following:
- Manage smaller less complex projects up to fees of $40,000 without direct supervision.
- Act as a contact for clients on a project by project basis, and be lead for quality control and implementation of Edmonds QA/QC plan.
- Log-in projects, prepare proposals, coordinate all disciplines, and have the capability of stamping and signing documents as the engineer in charge.
- Send all deliverables to the client.
- Mentor less experienced Project Designers & Engineers.
- Develop the project work plan, track & process RFI’s & submittals during construction.
- Ensure all site visits are completed in accordance with contract documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and Professional Engineer license required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience recommended.